First, Junior: We have your package all ready to go! We are waiting on one thing to come in the mail (hopefully tomorrow) and if the weather holds, the box will be on its way to you by the weekend.
Second, we are going to let you all know that there is another big storm coming and wanting to bear (BEAR?? Like the growly animal?) down on IOWAH AGAIN. The most current forecast:
A winter storm watch remains in effect from 6 am cst Wednesday through Friday morning. Snow will likely develop across the region Wednesday morning, and mix with or change to freezing rain and sleet south of highway 3(WE ARE SOUTH OF HWY 3 and our Gramma lives where HWY 3 is) by afternoon. There is the potential for ice accumulations of one quarter to one third inch near and south of highway 3 through Wednesday evening. Snowfall through Wednesday evening will range between 1 and 4 inches, with the greatest amounts close to the Minnesota border. There will be a brief break in the precipitation Wednesday night before snow, heavy at times, and increasing wind develop across the region Thursday morning. It is very possible that much of northern iowa will experience near blizzard conditions Thursday afternoon and evening with west to northwest winds 15 to 25 mph and frequent gusts over 35 mph, causing near zero visibility and blowing and drifting snow. Preliminary storm total snowfall by friday morning is 6 to 12 inches with locally higher amounts.
The MTLH is going to be packing some things to take away if she and the 2-legged kitten have to leave because we lose electricity. We are hoping and keeping paws crossed that we don't but we gots to be prepared. So, if we are not around for a few days, you will know why. But we will take lots of pictures to post. The MTLH is worried about us. IF she has to stay in a hotel, we will have to stay here. Or if she goes to "grampa Steve's", we can't go cuz he be allergic. So, think warm kitty thoughts for us!