Riley and Tiki asked about what the new nice V-E-T said about Jesse pooping on the floor. So, we thought we would share.
- One litterbox per kitty, plus one extra (we gots that now!)
- Try different depths of kitty litter. We have one now that is deep deep deep! We could almost dig to Irak to see the Man in Green if we wanted! MOL One just has a couple inches of litter in it. The other two are about medium filled.
- Two of our boxes can have covers on. Previously, neither had the lid on. Mom put the lid on one of them. So, we have 3 uncovered boxes and one covered box.
- This wasn't a vet suggestion and it sounds silly.......we have a nightlight down in the basement near the litter box. Our Mom that Lives Here thought that maybe the dark was scaring Jesse and that's why she did her business on the floor.
- One box is away from the others. It's on the other side of the staircase.
- none are near the washy machine or clothes drying thing. Or the heat maker.
- They are no where near our food and water (that is all up in the kitchen).
- The Mom that Lives Here is trying to make more of an effort to scoop every day. (before, it was more like every other or every 2 days).
- The most important advice the nice Dr. T gave us: Be patient and keep experimenting until you find what works. She said it's likely that Jesse can't adapt/handle change so things need to be kept the same all the time for her. Otherwise, it stresses her out.
Hope this helps!