Saturday, November 18, 2006

Dazey and Jesse's Tale of Devotion


For Dazey and Jesse
A Tale of DevotionTo Dazey & JesseI never knew how much an animal (or animals!) could come to mean to a person. Growing up, we didn't have cats or dogs. We had a hamster for a couple years, but you certainly can't cuddle a hamster. I got my girls, Dazey and Jesse 5 1/2 years ago. From the beginning, they brought me such joy and put a lot of fun into my life, from falling into the bathtub while I was taking a bath to watching my poor hamster bounce down the stairs in his exercise ball. Fast forward 7 months. I had broken up with my fiancee and was living on my own for the first time in my life. The comfort, companionship and friendship they brought me was immeasurableable. They helped to keep me balanced.

5 years later, I am married and a new mommy. 7 months ago, my husband's National Guard unit was called to serve for Operation Iraqi Freedom. I was 6 months pregnant at the time. After he (the man in Green) left 14 April, I wasn't alone. I had 3 kitties (Conner's story to come) here to keep me strong and give me something to keep me occupied those long weeks where all I did was work and look forward to hearing from my husband and the birth of our son. Dazey and Jesse were my companions-I talked to them like always and it seemed that they really understood and felt the changes that were going on in our lives. I think I cuddled my kitties more in the 3 months before the birth of my son than I had in quite some time. I really depended on them to keep me sane!4 months after the birth of my son, they are still my constant companions. As we face the next year without my husband, they sleep with me at night, cuddle with me while I try to cuddle my son and always remind me that they need food by either knocking their food dish over or pushing the cat food container onto the floor at 4 AM. They are walking this long journey with me.

My life wouldn't be the same without my girls!

1 hi-fives:

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

That's beautiful ... It's kinda interesting that my name is "Daisy" and my mom's name isn't really "Mom," it's Jessica ... Small world, huh? Congratulations on the birth of your urpy one (I dunno about babies) and good luck to the Man in Green.
DaisyMae Maus