Saturday, November 18, 2006

Devoted to Conner Cloud


Devoted to Conner Cloud
My Conner Cloud started out life much the same way as our dear friend Skeezix. He was the runt of his litter and was/is quite stinky.
Cloud came to our house a little over 4 years ago. My husband (the Man in Green) had a friend from work who was looking for a cheap place to live. Since our home has 5 bedrooms and it was just the two of us (plus Jesse and Dazey), he let his buddy move in. He moved in and brought Conner along. Conner was maybe 4-5 months at the time. Rob hadn't had him very long before they joined us. He was tiny. His head seemed wayyy to big for his little body. He smelled horribly. We joked that his mother must have been a skunk, he was that smelly!

Eventually, Rob decided to move out into an apartment so he had more room to do what he liked. He was just going to take Conner out in the country and dump him off. By this time, Cloudie had been declawed, so would be in no way able to defend himself, if this happened. Against my husband's wishes, I told him in no uncertain terms that Conner was staying here with us. I didn't care that Jesse didn't (and still doesn't) like him. I didn't care that he smelled. I just knew that I could not allow him to get dumped! This was really the only home he had ever known.

Conner is now 4, almost 5 years old. He's really come out of his shell the last few months. I'm not sure what brought about the change, maybe the new baby in the house. He seems to like my 4 month old son A LOT. He comes up to Ike to be petted and gives Ike nudges on the hand to get more attention. He was never that way before. It used to be that if Conner wanted attention, he would let you know. And then only on his terms: nothing on the belly, not the tail, and only sometimes on the head. He would rather knead you instead of getting loves. Watching him interact with my baby reinforces my thinking that Conner was meant to stay here with us. He goes into my baby's room when I am getting him ready for bed and just watches us. He likes to sit near the crib and watch the baby. When we are playing on the floor, Conner is right there next to us, waiting for a turn to be petted or to nudge me or my son. He's enjoys being petted more so than when he was tiny. I think once my son is a little older, he and Conner Cloud will be great friends!

PS--->We didn't name him. He came to us already named, after a character in a movie, Conner Mcleod. We just call him Cloud for short!

Visit Conner on Catster: www.catster.com/?397686

1 hi-fives:

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leavin' a comment for me. I really liked reading your "Tail of Devotion." Conner Cloud looks so much like my Feline American housemate, Pumpkin. Come by and visit often. I'm adding your blog to my blogroll right after I leave this comment.
DaisyMae Maus