Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Thanks on Thursday from our mom

I want to thank all the kitties and their beans who took time to offer up suggestions as to our litter box issues.
So far, I have

  • Taken the lid off one of the covered boxes
  • swept up all the litter around every box
  • moved one uncovered box to a different spot in the basement
  • moved the little box
  • I saw Jesse head down to the basement earlier tonight so I stalked her. I called her over to the newly moved box and just talked to her. She got in, peed, buried and was done. I praised her, telling her she was such a good girl.

The last 2 days, there has not been any messes on the floor. Hopefully, these solutions will work. Although, if it is stress that caused it, I am worried. I am leaving on the 15th for 9 days. Our "renter" will be here after 5 pm (he'll be in charge of feeding them through the week) and a friend will come in on the weekend. Jesse does not like him at all and only tolerates other people in her house. We'll have to just take it day to day, I guess.

Thank you very much. I certainly appreciate all the advice that was given. We are hoping to get back to regular posting/visiting in the next day or two. My son has been feeling a bit off lately so it was more important to tend to him. Thanks for understanding and again, THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE!!

7 hi-fives:

Daisy said...

I am crossing my paws that this works! But you can't blame little Jesse if she has a mistake when you are gone because it is very stressful when the Mom leaves! I hope the little baby bean feels better soon.

The Crew said...

Daisy is right. You can expect some episodes while you're gone and after you return. But hopefully you can instill some good behavior before you leave that will carry over.

Karen Jo said...

I hope everything works out well, even if there are a few incidents. Hopefully things will continue to improve.

Tara said...

I hope it works out too. It can be very stressfull when there is change, so you might need to be patient a little longer...
Tara

Lux said...

Good luck with this - I hope everything works out.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Skeeter: When I was having litterbox issues in the basement a few Big Moons ago, The Big Thing brought one upstairs for me an put it on a big plastic chair mat an I haven't had any problems since (well one, but I managed to go on the chair mat).

LC has been real good about leaving the upstairs one to me, an that helps. An The Big Thing has been real good bout cleaning it a coupla times a day, so I don't mind using it. Not having to use the stairs helps a lot.

Forty Paws said...

We hope you all get to feeling better real soon!

We're glad that Jesse seems to be adapting. Please be patient and keep trying.

Luf, Us